Community Deathcare in Vancouver
KORU is honoured to be part of the “Mere Mortals: Our Stories Matter” series. Our very own Ms. Ngaio Davis will shed light on the importance of the community in death care in her presentation “Community Deathcare.”
- Date: Tuesday, January 26 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- Location: Via Zoom
- Audience: All Ages
- Registration required. Register online or call 604-929-3727, ext. 8166.
The “Mere Mortals: Our Stories Matter” series is a free online community event organized by North Vancouver District Public Library.
Ben Bengston of North Shore News interviewed Ngaio about this upcoming event, read the full article here.
Ultimately, community death care is about giving people more agency in their death care wishes in general.Ngaio Davis, Founding Director of KORU Cremation | Burial | Ceremony
Other Events in NVDPL’s “Mere Mortals: Our Stories Matter“
- The Artistry in Grief with Stephen Garret – Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 – 8:30 PM (Completed)
- The Role of the End-of-life Doula with Karen Hendrickson – Tuesday, January 19, 7:00 – 8:30 PM (Register here to receive the Zoom link.)
- Values, Wishes, and Who and What Matters Most with Reena Lazar and Michelle Pante – Tuesday, March 2, 7:00 – 8:30 PM (Register here to receive the Zoom link.)
Friends, Alexis Brown
Beach, Harli Marten